Thoughts on everyday behavior



What on earth are we doing? How did we people become so cold towards each other? When did it become okay to act so selfish that we force ourselves in to the life of others with sweet talk and false behavior only to end up leaving broken pieces, sadness and confusion behind?


 When did lies and false acting become accepted by us? Just because it’s not illegal by law and it won’t lead to jail or public punishment ... it doesn’t mean it’s right. Or is it?

And how far/hard should we be allowed to hurt the people around us? Loved ones, friends, our children? 


I see this everyday. I here the stories. I meet the people, my friends who got hurt. But also friends who hurt others.  I listen and I try to advice. I try to support and be supported. I lived them too and I got hurt by people I decided to trust. But I’m no saint, I’m guilty as well. Guilty of acting before thinking, guilty of stop caring to easily, guilty of saying hurtful things and not being there enough, guilty of trusting where no trust can be found... 

It scares me, how cold and selfish we can be. Does it scare you?

I mean this, let’s have a talk and change before it’s to late? 

Is this what we want? Have people become things... easy to get, easy to trash? How can we even start to have a saying in what’s going on around the world if we can’t even act decent and with love to people around us? It’s easy to blame the world leaders, religion and bad politics... but what about ourselves? 

If everyone today think about someone they did wrong and why they did it. What could you have done differently? Maybe you shouldn’t have acted at all in the first place?


Before rushing in to the life of others. Ask yourself, why am I doing this? Do I have honest intentions? Will I act human and fragile? Can I be honest and true to him/her, myself, my friends, kids? Am I doing this just to please selfish needs? Do I even mean it or is this just replacement for anxiety and longing for something else? Am I acting because I’m lonely but with no intention to be honest? Do I feel like it’s my right and privilege to go after whatever without thinking of consequences for others? If I do this, how will it make people feel? Can and will I live up to my words? Do I mean this or will I back out as soon as there is an obstacle or an other opportunity? 

If you don’t know you will act good. Don’t act at all. And if you did wrong, correct it. Ask forgiveness and then change your behaviour. Not only when people are around to see, but always. Stay true and honest even when nobody knows about it.

This might be a hard, difficult but still a small movement for you, me, us. But little things can make a huge impact. And also, when we make decisions mowing forward, changing our lives in a new direction involving others. When we make that decision we are strong enough to act on it. Because that’s the only decent way, not only to others but also to ourselves. And from now on, if we are not strong enough, we don’t act at all because we respect other people to much to hurt them like that.

And wouldn’t you feel better about yourself not walking around crushing people?!


(Pictures from @thegoodquote and @lawofattraction)

Comments